*cue confetti cannons and trumpeters*
Can you believe it? This is my One! Hundredth! Post!
I am delighted to participate in the age-old grand tradition of blogging one hundred things about my sortacrunchy self . . .
1. I like to talk. A lot.
2. I "talk" much more online than I do in real life.
3. I was born in hot and humid Houston, Texas,
4. but did most of my growing up in sorta hot and sorta humid Oklahoma.
5. I have never worn a pair of Wranglers in my life.
6. I can, however, two-step. Sorta.
7. I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was six years old,
8. which seems really young, but my parents and pastor made sure I had a genuine understanding of the concept of salvation.
9. I don't think I really began to live out my faith until I was in my early twenties.
10. I was boy-crazy in high school.
11. I was not a great friend in high school.
12. I was an even worse sister.
13. I am the oldest of four children (two sisters and a brother).
14. Before D was born, I wanted to have five children.
15. Now I think three is a good number.
16. I've been in so many tornadoes I have lost count.
17. I am not afraid of tornadoes, but I am terrified of lightening. Pathologically terrified.
18. I was a senior in high school when the Murrah building in Oklahoma City was bombed.
19. I was buying shoes for prom that morning.
20. My husband (whom I had not met yet) was sitting in class at a university 20 miles north and heard the explosion.
21. My senior year in high school, I went on a cruise in the Bahamas.
22. The only other times I have been outside of the USA were for a day trip to the Canada side of Niagara Falls in college, and a day trip to Matamoras, Mexico, on our honeymoon.
23. I have a degree in Secondary English education from a East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma.
24. I went to college on a full-ride scholarship in English
25. which I am still convinced I received only as a fluke.
26. But I am still thankful I graduated from school with no school loans.
27. I LOVED COLLEGE!
28. I am an alumna of Chi Omega.
29. My younger sister is a Chi O, too.
30. I was her new member educator in our chapter.
31. I wrote a lot in college.
32. I like to go back and read those papers.
33. I miss being able to read and write all the time.
34. I love college football
35. so much that I married me a college football coach.
36. The fall is my very favorite season of the year.
37. It doesn't really cool off here until October (at the earliest)
38. but I still love the start of school and the beginning of the football season.
39. I have a love/hate relationship with Texas
40. depending on what the weather is like.
41. I taught English for three years before D was born.
42. I taught sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
43. I loved it.
44. But I could never go back to teaching English now that I have children.
45. If I ever do go back to work, I want to be a school librarian.
46. I am a born nerd
47. and not the least bit ashamed of it.
48. I love coffee!
49. I was, at one time, a barista at Starbucks.
50. I am something of a coffee snob.
51. Ever since I worked at Starbucks, I drink my coffee black
52. but I am not opposed to a toffee nut latte every now and again either.
53. I drink coffee even when I am pregnant.
54. One cup a day.
55. The only time I have completely cut out coffee was the first month of breastfeeding D.
56. Maybe that's why she wasn't a good sleeper as a baby.
57. Even when not pregnant, I cry at the drop of a hat.
58. My husband says I am the "cryingist" person he knows.
59. I cry at commercials, I cry at TV shows, I cry at movies.
60. It's embarrassing really, but not much I can do to change it.
61. I am really anal retentive about some things
62. like being on time. I cannot stand to be late.
63. I am really laid-back about other things
64. like cleaning house.
65. I was born without the house cleaning gene.
66. I especially loathe cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen.
67. I do, however, like to vacuum.
68. I vacuum every other day.
69. I like to do laundry!
70. Buy I hate ironing.
71. I love reality TV.
72. We don't have cable, just local stations.
73. I miss Project Runway the most.
74. Oh, and the Food Network.
75. I love to cook!
76. I love to bake!
77. I wish I had a full-time housekeeper.
78. My three favorite books are To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby and Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love.
79. My favorite movies are O Brother, Where Art Thou?, The Burbs, and Secondhand Lions.
80. I couldn't choose my favorite songs to save my life, but three of my favorite CDs are Dixie Chicks' Fly and Jimmy Buffet's Songs You Know by Heart, and Alanis Morisette's Jagged Little Pill.
81. I got married three days before my 21st birthday.
82. I didn't believe it at the time, but we really were just kids!
83. Before D was born, I had never had stitches.
84. I have never broken any bones.
85. I wish I were funnier.
86. My husband is one of the funniest people I have ever met.
87. I have crazy, crazy dreams
88. that only get crazier when I am pregnant.
89. My family calls me Joseph the Dreamer.
90. I love dark chocolate.
91. I also LOVE cereal.
92. I eat at least one bowl a day, but that is just the bare minimum.
93. I am nosey.
94. I like to eavesdrop.
95. I think that is why I like reading blogs so much. It's socially acceptable eavesdropping.
96. I haven't had a haircut in six months.
97. I have never been to a water park. Or water-skiing. Or snow-skiing.
98. I am a lousy singer.
99. I have a ton of freckles.
100. Evidently, I am pretty self-centered because this list of 100 wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be!
One hundred posts! One hundred things you were dying to know about me! Come on, bring on the comments. You know you want to. ;)
SortaCrunchy has moved!
Come see me there!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
*cue confetti cannons and trumpeters*